Help the animals at the KWHS by being a FUNraiser! When you raise money for the KWHS you help us help the animals and have a lot of fun while doing it – especially when you involve your friends! When you bring in the money you raise, you will get your picture and story on our website.
Parents: FUNraisers learn valuable skills like how to handle money, planning and organizational skills, public speaking, marketing and the value of helping others! KWHS does not endorse door-to-door solicitation.
Where does the money go? Your efforts help us pay for special food, cleaning, veterinarian costs, training, and costs associated with finding great homes for all the animals. The money you raise will keep the animals comfortable until they can be united with a ‘forever home’.
Dos and Don’ts
- ask your parent’s permission.
- let us know that you are doing a fundraiser. We will provide you with documentation that says we have given you permission to fundraise for our Centre.
- tell people why you want to help the animals!
- ask your teacher and classmates if they would like to help.
- ask permission before using someone else’s property. For example, if you set up a stand outside a store, make sure that it is o.k. with the store owner.
- go door-to-door to collect funds. It may not be safe. Only approach people you know well.
- forget to tell people why you are doing your fundraiser.
FUN ways to raise money for the KWHS:
- Car wash
- Walk dogs
- Sell your artwork
- Yard sale
- Hold a penny drive
- Used book sale
- Carol singing
- Birthday party donations
- Jobs about the house
- Lawn mowing
- Swear jar
- Talent contest / idol contest
- Put on a play
- Wacky clothes day
Be creative. We would love to hear your ideas too!
How to plan your FUN Raiser in 10 easy steps.
- Decide what you want to do.
- Talk to your parents or teacher about your idea and gain their permission.
- Allow plenty of time for your event and set a date.
- Decide who can help with your event and ask politely for their assistance.
- Call the K-W Humane Society to let us know about your event. We will help you by providing proper identification, pledge sheets (if needed), and a printed copy of our logo so others will know your cause.
- Think about possible problems that may crop up (e.g. bad weather).
- Always have two people to count the money – don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Make posters and advertise your event. Word-of-mouth is the best advertising.
- Take lots of photos and have a parent help you write a bit about why you wanted to help the animals at the K-W Humane Society. Bring it with you when you come to drop off the funds.
- Be sure to bring your best smile for a photo that will go on our website when you drop off the funds from your successful event at the KWHS.